Hi I am Christina Swain with Opus Elite Real Estate, let’s have some today! They say, “home is where the heart is” BUT what does your home say about you?
This first one was a BIG surprise to me:
1. A messy sock drawer means you’re detail-oriented.
This may sound illogical yet, a study was conducted by chemistry.com and found that the most orderly tend to have the messiest sock drawers.
2. A well kept Garden Means your Happy
Gardeners’ World magazine found that 80 percent of people with gardens are happy with their lives, compared to just two-thirds of those lacking the green thumb. 90 percent of respondents noted that gardening improves their mood.
3. A neat bed means you love your job
70,000 people found that those who keep their bed tidy are more likely to hit the gym on a regular basis. What’s more, these people are also more likely to enjoy their 9-to-5s. The experts believe this may have something to do with the fact that happier people tend to keep their lives more organized.
4. A Cluttered Closet Means Your Clinging to the Past
Your inability to tidy up could be an indication that you’re not quite ready to let go of old memories.
5. A horde of decorative candles means that you are ambitious.
People who spruce up their homes with decorative towels, display candles, and untouched fine china tend to be very ambitious.
6. A bare desk means you’re reliable
An environmental psychology consultant Lily Bernheimer told the BBC, it indicates that you’re a reliable worker who thrives on structure and stability.
7. A Collection of cleaning supplies means you lean to the right
A Study in The Journal of Political Psychology found that subjects who identified as conservatives tended to be extremely clean, had a lot of well-lit rooms, and owned large collections of cleaning supplies
8. A well lit bedroom means you’re doing ok
Choosing a house with an airy bedroom indicates that you’re emotionally stable, according to a study from the University of Texas at Austin.
9. Brightly colored door symbolizes that you’re the life of the party.
Someone who paints their front door a vibrant pink or yellow is making a statement that life should be fun.
10. An Overflowing Refrigerator means you’re outgoing
According to the personality experts DISC insights, this might make you an “Imaginative Shopper.” These people tend to “have fun, charismatic, and exuberant personalities” and “love to entertain,”
11. An openly displayed clothes rack means you have a passion for fashion.
Fashion is a big part of this person’s identity,
12. Openness can be expressed in the house through a large library, an expansive art collection, or various symbols of vacations past.
If you are thinking about selling and would like a 30 min in home consultation where I give you tips and tricks on how to get your home ready for the market contact me at 267-397-6291.