Fall real estate staging tips
Are you preparing your home for the market this fall? Consider these seasonally inspired staging tips that can help you turn fall listing negatives into positives.
Fall means shorter days, with evening light disappearing more and more each night. So, it’s important to brighten up your house. Not only will it help buyers see all your home’s great features, but it’ll make it look inviting from the street:
- Clean windows and screens, so you can let in as much light as possible.
- Add lamps. Bringing in extra floor or table lamps is an easy (and temporary) way to add light. You might also consider simply swapping bulbs for higher wattage, up to each fixture’s recommended maximum.
- Refresh interior paint. It’s well known that light, neutral paint colors appeal to the broadest group of buyers, but during the darkening fall days, they also reflect more light.
Play up the coziness
The leaves are changing, the temperature is dropping, and people start spending more time snuggled up inside. Give your home that warm, inviting fall feel buyers are sure to love:
- If you have a gas or electric fireplace, turn it on for showings
- Add seasonal accents, like fall-colored pillows and throws and unscented candles.
- Limit holiday decorations. You want to make sure buyers can picture your home as a year-round property, so lose the Halloween decorations in exchange for a modest autumn leaf wreath on the front door
- Set conversational seating arrangements. One staging tip you’ll often hear is to rearrange your furniture to make the most of each room. You want shoppers to visualize entertaining their friends and family in the space.
- Offer festive treats. seasonal goodies like hot cider on the stove or pumpkin cookies paired with the aroma can make your home stand out.
If you are thinking about selling and would like more tips on preparing your home for the market contact me for a free 30 min home salability assessment where I give you tips and tricks on how to get your home ready for the market. 215-757-7257 or TheSwainTeam@gmail.com