How to Know it is Time to Downsize?
- There are many factors to consider to determine if this makes sense for your lifestyle and wellbeing. (55+ all about the lifestyle)
- Take into account your current family needs, retirement plans and monthly cash flow.
- Are you constantly hosting gatherings? Think twice about downsizing if you have a passion for hosting holiday parties for family and friends. Your new space may not accommodate a gathering of equal size.
- Do you feel a sense of isolation? Having large amounts of property just for yourself can become lonesome. (Quality of Life)
- Are there spare rooms throughout your home? Unused rooms in your home create unnecessary upkeep responsibilities. Consider downsizing your home to cut down on the time you spend cleaning.
- Are you tired of lawn maintenance, garden care, or shoveling snow?
- Can you afford to stay in your home for the next 5-10 years? If you’re struggling to keep up with your mortgage payments, downsizing to a more affordable home can relieve those financial burdens.
Downsizing always takes longer than expected, so start preparing as soon as possible. The quicker you finish, the sooner you can enjoy the benefits of a simpler household.
Tip of the week:
We all hate saying goodbye to the things we love the most. That’s why thinking of new, creative ways to repurpose special belongings can make the moving process less emotionally draining.
1. Give them new life – Think of a new, creative ways to repurpose special belongings so that you can make the moving process less emotionally draining.
2. Donate them to Charity
3. Ask a friend if they can use them
4. create a scrapbook